|The role of the Adoption Coordinator is to promote the adoption of pets and ensure the best match for the animal and their potential adopter. The Adoption Coordinator works with the Outside Lead, Veterinarian team, and Administration to ensure the family and home environment are most suitable for the animal’s personality, in addition to their physical and emotional need.
- Act as the Adoption liaison between outside staff, administration, and operations
- Attend and participate in scheduled weekly meetings
- Deliver customer service to all customers in a polite, professional, and non-judgmental manner
- Answer and return all phone calls and emails in a professional and timely manner
- Be familiar with the standard operating procedures for adoption, fostering, foster to adopt, and surrendering of animals
- Be familiar with all of the programs of Alaqua Animal Refuge
- Review, thoroughly investigate, and process incoming adoption applications
- Notify the applicants in a professional and respectful manner of approval or denial within 3 business days of receiving the application
- Review online and manual files for all animals including medical reports, behavioral reports, vaccination records and history to ensure accurate information prior to adoption
- Maintain adoption contracts
- Obtain and provide all necessary paperwork for the completion of the adoption process
- Audit daily the main systems used to ensure all departed and new animals are checked out/in of the system and resolve any discrepancies
- Work with designated staff to ensure that all animals have personality profiles and are exported to Petfinder and other rescue groups according to current protocol
- Collaborate with Social Media team to create adoption advertisements
- Work with Alaqua trainer to maintain the list of all dogs in Alaqua training program and use information to communicate with potential adopters
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned
- Attend adoption and other promotional events
- Front desk
- Ability to read in cursive and print format
- Conduct superior listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the computer software
- Possess basic computer skills
- Ability to perform independently and in a team environment
- Ability to obtain knowledge of AAR processes and operational procedures
|EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ELIGIBILITY
- High school or equivalent education required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in customer service-related fields
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Position is Full time. Typical work hours are between 8:30 AM and 5 PM. Some weekend and holiday shifts are required. Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to meet the needs of the business.
- Attendance at training sessions and meetings is required.
- Occasional travel is required to area rescues, Alaqua locations and community clinics.
The work environment is generally indoors. The workspace is shared with other Adoption Coordinators, Administrative staff, and sometimes our precious animals. Noise levels are moderate with phones ringing, team’s conversing, and animals playing. Dust, dander, and other allergens are common in work area. Handling of domestic animals is common. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Alaqua Animal Refuge management rules and regulations for safe and effective operation.
Bending, sitting, typing, pushing, pulling, and lifting items up to 50 lbs
After 90 days of employment, you will be eligible to participate in our benefits package including:
- Teladoc physician services (through HealthiestYou)
- Health Reimbursement Account (Alaqua contributes $100 monthly)
- 20K Life insurance policy (Alaqua pays in full)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Volunteer Life Insurance
- AFLAC Accident Advantage
- Up to 5 days accrued (PTO) Paid Time Off and accrued increases after 24 months of service
- Dental and Vision (Alaqua pays 50%)
- Onsite Health and Wellness activities
- Standard Veterinary care and medications at cost
- $200 off adoption fees
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Exclusive discounts, special offers, access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more through your free TicketsatWork membership.
- Life Services Toolkit
- And more!
|EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
|Alaqua Animal Refuge embraces and supports being different for the benefit of our employees, our animals, and our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
|Please apply by sending cover letter and resume to Kimberley Johnson, Human Resources Manager at [email protected]