Beginning Tuesday, March 14, we will officially be open to the public again for tours and adoptions! Our daily operating hours will continue every Tuesday through Sunday from 11 am – 4 pm.
Interested in becoming a
sponsor or vendor?
Email us at
4 EVENTS / 1 CELEBRATION
Celebrate Alaqua every Saturday in the month of March 2023!
This month-long series of events celebrates the monumental opening of our new, permanent home. There is an event for everyone!
Celebrate Florida’s native wildlife and Alaqua’s Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. Join us for a fun day with the whole family.
- Wildlife Rescue Ambulance & Ambassadors
- Wildlife Nursery / Baby Shower (see Wish List below)
- Live Music by “Those Guys” from 11 am to 3:30 pm
- Yoga on the Lawn at 10 am and 1 pm
- Kids Zone: Bird House Painting, Face Painting, Bounce House, Wildlife Coloring Books, Enrichment Table, Children’s Bounce House
- Raptor Booth, Selfie Station at Wing Wall
- Discover Wildlife with Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Walton County’s New “Words on Wheels” Bookmobile
- Access to Food Trucks and Tepee Beer Garden featuring Salty Oak Brewery, Odd Pelican Brewery, & Grayton Beer Company (beer tickets, $5)
- Merchandise (Wild & Free t-shirts, hats, beer koozies, & one-of-a-kind patient paintings)
- Raffles with drawing at 3 pm – $5 per ticket (you don’t have to be present to win!)
Our 7th Annual 100 Point and Cult Wine Dinner, “An Intimate Evening Under the Stars,” kicked off a month-long celebration of our March reopening, with 100 guests joining us to commemorate the occasion. It was truly an unforgettable experience, and we are humbled beyond words for the love and support of our mission that was shared with us. Thank you to everyone that celebrated with us! View the images from the evening in our Facebook album: https://bit.ly/100PT-Photos
MANY THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS: Lea and Joe Capers / Capers Zone • Cindy Cole Fine Homes • McNeese Title, LLC. Our gratitude also goes to Chef Nikhil Abuvala with Roux 30a • Emerald Coast Luxury Transportation • Bella Flora 30A • Cafe Thirty-A • David Kessler • VIP Destin Magazine • Wine World • VIE Magazine • Timber Creek Distillery • Michael McIntosh • Action Audio Video LLC • Graham Construction Concepts. SPECIAL THANKS to Tim Jackson’s Storytellers Tour and our musical guests: Greg Barnhill, Gary Baker, and Joanna Cotten! They rocked the Courtyard!
Celebrating animals, humans, the earth, and how we coexist with one another to bring healing to the mind, body, and soul. Open to all ages. All activities run throughout the day! Download the full schedule of activities and festival map here: https://bit.ly/CA-WellnessFestivalProgram
- Wellness Classes & Workshops—Yoga, Pure Barre, Chi-Gong, Sound Baths
- Nature Trail Tours
- Educational Seminars
- Over 30 Local Vendors
- Live Music
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Interactions & Animal Zone Talks
- And More!
Celebrate animals and humans! Find your new best friend with adoption specials and giveaways, and learn how to join our team of amazing volunteers at the “job” fair, plus much more! All activities run throughout the day!
- Dog Training Tips & Demonstration — Every hour on the hour
- Guided Tour of the Refuge — Every half hour
- Animal Education throughout property (Dogs, Cats, Farm Animals)
- Educational Information (Preventative Care, Adoption Process, Animal Enrichment & Wellbeing, and Young Rescuers Program)
- Volunteer Recruitment in Various Animal Zones
- Adoption Specials (10 dogs & 10 cats)
- Food Trucks & Beverages —Mozey’s, My Ohana, 30A Taco
- Sign up for the Fun Run here: https://bit.ly/alaquafunrun