Alaqua Animal Refuge is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. We may collect personal data about donors for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
- Communication with donors and prospective donors concerning Alaqua programs and services
- Maintenance of information relating to donations
- Facilitation of fundraising
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
It is always Alaqua Animal Refuge’s policy to assure each donor the highest level of trust and to respect the wishes and privacy of our supporters. As part of this effort, the following important safeguards are assured by Alaqua Animal Refuge.
1. Alaqua collects and maintains only personal information that is specifically and knowledgeably provided to us by individuals or their companies. Alaqua’s records, including donor names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, donation amounts, and other identifying information shall be maintained in a confidential, secure environment at Alaqua administrative offices. Access to such information shall only be given to authorized staff, external contractors supporting fundraising, and volunteers who assure, on an ongoing basis, that they will never use the information for any reason other than the public good of Alaqua, and that they will fully comply with all requirements of this policy. Employees, volunteers, and external contractors are required to read, attest to and apply all aspects of Alaqua’s Nondisclosure Agreement and Code of Ethics policies to their work and interactions with confidential information.
2. Under no circumstances will Alaqua rent, trade, sell, or share any information from its donor list to any private or public sector entity. We will only share personally identifiable information with a third party if we are required by law, it is necessary for completing an authorized operation, or if the person submitting the information asks that it be shared.
3. As part of its donor recognition program, Alaqua may wish to publicize the name of its donors. When this occurs, Alaqua will obtain the written authorization of the donor. In most cases, the specific gift amount will not be identified, but the donor will be recognized under the level of giving category that is appropriate to their donation. Donors may request to remain anonymous in these publications by indicating their wishes on their pledge form or by contacting Alaqua.
4. Alaqua collects, uses and stores information provided to us through communication at events and through property tours and visits, emails, direct mail, webform submissions, online registrations, or by phone. If Alaqua is provided with this information, it may contact the donor for additional information or send the donor updates about how donations are being put to use in our community, such as our capital campaign brochures or newsletters. A donor may contact us at any time to place a restriction on use of contact information or unsubscribe to any Alaqua communication.
5. From time to time, there may be links to other websites throughout our site, for the purpose of providing more useful and complete information to our visitors. We do not take responsibility for the contents or privacy practices of any website other than our own.
6. In addition, like almost all websites, we do collect broad, general statistical information about how visitors use our sites, such as how often each page is visited, for the purpose of creating better experiences for our community. We do not collect information on individual visits to the site.
7. Data on donors and donation amounts may be aggregated and void of identifying information for reporting purposes without the explicit consent of the donors. Alaqua may compile an annual report with donor data for reporting purposes.
8. Alaqua keeps a record of each donor’s giving history that is kept on file for IRS purposes and used to understand donor interests in our programs, mission, and vision to keep donors updated regarding plans, activities, and opportunities. This information is shared with staff and board members on a confidential and need-to-know basis and never shared with other organizations.
9. Protocols are in place to safeguard donor information including:
- Physical measures, including locked offices and restricted access
- Technology measures such as the use of passwords for database access and encryption for online giving
- A Records Retention and Destruction Policy
To speak to someone at Alaqua Animal Refuge regarding necessary changes to your contact information on file or submit a request to be unsubscribed from one or more of our communications, please email [email protected] or call 850-880-6399 and ask for Fundraising – Director of Philanthropy.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Financial and other information about Alaqua Animal Refuge, Inc.’s purpose, programs and activities can be obtained by contacting the President at 155 Dugas Way, Freeport, Florida 32439, 850-880-6399, www.alaqua.org. Residents of the following states may also contact the agencies below for information: Florida: SC No. CH26209. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA OR ONLINE AT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com. Maryland: For the cost of postage and copying, from the Secretary of State. Michigan: MICS No 802927413. Mississippi: The ofﬁcial registration and ﬁnancial information of Alaqua Animal Refuge, Inc. may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s ofﬁce by calling 1-888-236-6167. New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http:// www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. New York: A copy of our most recently filed financial report Is available from the Charities Registry on the New York State Attorney General’s website at www.charitiesnys.com or by calling (212) 416-8686.1 North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-888-830-4989 (within North Carolina) or (919) 814-5400 (outside of North Carolina).2 Pennsylvania: The ofﬁcial registration and ﬁnancial information of Alaqua Animal Refuge, Inc. may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Virginia: From the State Ofﬁce of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218. Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483. West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and ﬁnancial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue, and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE DEDUCTIBLE FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. REGISTRATION IN A STATE DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION OF ALAQUA ANIMAL REFUGE, INC. BY THE STATE.