Adopt a Small Animal
Apply to Adopt a Rabbit, Fowl or Other Small Animal
Thank you for your interest in saving a life by adopting a pet from the Alaqua Animal Refuge. The following information is required so that we can assist you in the selection of a new family member. The information you provide will be held in the utmost of confidence, and will only be used for the adoption process. Approved applications will be kept on file for 30 days from the date of approval.
In order to be considered for an adoption you must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age. If you are a minor your parent or guardian must submit this form as the primary adopter. The primary adopter assumes the responsibility and liability for the pet.
- Provide proof of current vaccines for your pet, proof of annual heartworm testing for dogs, and proof of monthly heartworm prevention for dogs. This applies to current pets and/or any pets you have had in the past 3 years.
- Have identification showing your present address.
- Have the consent of all adults living in the household.
- Own your own home, or have the landlord’s consent to have a pet.
- Copy of Driver’s License or Picture I.D. will be required at the time of the adoption. If you rent, you may be required to present a copy of your lease.
- Completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption of an animal in our care.
All questions MUST be answered. Applications are processed in the order they are received. Incomplete applications or applications not meeting our minimum criteria will NOT be processed until all omissions are remedied.