The role of the Foster Volunteer Coordinator is to ensure a positive, educational, and professional experience for all volunteers and to oversee the Foster program. In this position you will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the refuge, managers, and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Act as the liaison between volunteers, fosters, adoptions, and operations
- Recruit new Fosters and volunteers by participating in community events, and developing relationships with local businesses, schools, and civic organizations
- Screen, train and supervise fosters and volunteers; hold feedback sessions as needed to enhance their experience
- Connect with potential fosters and volunteers scheduling them for orientation dates
- Facilitate orientations to educate on the history of Alaqua, the various opportunities within the program, the rules, regulations, and safety precautions that must be followed, and necessary steps to become an active volunteer or foster
- Keep volunteers & fosters current on rules and regulations; enforce new rules
- Assist volunteers with clocking in/out, choosing shifts, updating information, etc
- Maintain Volgistics database: ensure accurate information and each volunteer’s liability waivers downloaded
- Manage volunteer/foster Facebook pages: post schedules, advertise transport, donation, and foster needs
- Address participant concerns and complaints in a timely manner
- Coordinate volunteer and foster group workdays or holiday initiatives
- Coordinate volunteers to lead Young Rescuers Club experiences. Facilitate Young Rescuers Club activities when volunteer is not present.
- Provide support to the Front Office with greeting guests and answering incoming calls
- Facilitate tours
- Contact potential fosters to notify them of animal availability
- Assist with Refuge Round Up and other Marketing tasks, as needed
- Facilitate foster program: animal selection, scheduling, meet & greets, compiling foster goodie bag and foster packet
- Communicate with fosters for updates, vet appts, and return dates
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the computer software and basic computer skills
- Proficient with all social media platforms
|EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ELIGIBILITY
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, nonprofit management, or business management preferred
- Experience with working in a shelter environment is preferred
- A minimum of two years’ experience in customer service-related fields
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug screening
32 hours. Sunday-Wednesday shifts required. Typical work hours are between 8:30 AM and 5 P.M. Weekend and holiday shifts expected. Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to meet the needs of the business. Attendance at training sessions and meetings is required.
Work tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. Temperatures will vary based on the seasons and Florida climate. Internal work will be conducted in a climate-controlled environment. Most functions require sedentary work in an office environment utilizing computer and phones for most of day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
|Dental, Vision, 20K Life Insurance policy, Long- and Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, and AFLAC Accident Advantage Plan at no cost for full-time employees.
|EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
|Alaqua Animal Refuge embraces and supports being different for the benefit of our employees, our animals, and our community. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
|Please apply by sending cover letter and resume to Kimberley Johnson, Human Resources Manager at [email protected]