Thank you for your interest in saving a life by adopting a pet from Alaqua. Our unique, no-kill refuge has successfully found homes for tens of thousands of once abused, neglected, and homeless animals since our inception in 2007.
Review the following guideline for adopting an animal from Alaqua.
- Be at least 18 years of age. If not, your parent or guardian can submit an application as the primary adopter who will assume the responsibility and liability for the pet.
- Provide a veterinary reference for current pets or if any in the past year. (Please have your animals up to date on heartworm testing and prevention.)
- If you rent your home, confirm with your landlord that you can have pets.
- Bring your ID, as we may ask for a copy of your Driver’s License or Picture ID at the time of the adoption.
- We do not restrict the area to which we adopt. However, you will need to visit the Refuge to meet the animal before adopting.
- Talk with our Adoption Coordinators. They will help you decide if the animal is a match for your family.
(Note: Completion of this application does not guarantee the adoption of an animal in our care or that the animal will be held. Transportation of the animal after adoption is the responsibility of the adopter.)
- Dog: $150.00
For dogs, six months and older, fees include heartworm preventative, flea preventative, preventative worming and vaccinations, spay/neuter procedure, and microchip.
- Puppy: $200.00
For puppies, under six months, fees include preventative worming, spay/neuter procedure, and microchip.
$25 – For cats over 8 years old
$50 – For cats 9 months to 8 years old
Fees include Felv/Fiv snap test, vaccinations, spay/neuter procedure, and microchip.
- Kitten: $125.00
For kittens, up to 9 months, fees include Felv/Fiv snap test, vaccinations, spay/neuter procedure, and microchip. Sponsored adoption fee on second kitten if two are adopted.
- Other Animals: $Varies per animal
All animals will be microchipped.
1. See available animals on Find Your Pet page.
Once you choose an animal, you will be directed to fill out an application. You may indicate your interest in more than one animal by listing their names in the space provided within the application.
2. Complete an Application Online.
Once you have found an animal that you’re interested in, complete the application. Be sure to fill in all fields and after submission, scroll down to confirm the form was submitted. You will see a confirmation message.
3. Meet the Animals.
Visit the Refuge to meet available animals and find your new companion!
4. Join our Family of Adopters
Once you have joined our special family of Alaqua pet owners, we hope you will keep in touch—we love pictures and stories!